Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Not going hungry...

Although my wife has abandoned me for almost 2 weeks, i have not need to call social services and get taken into care because both Mahmoud and Ahmed Da Driver have come up trumps providing me with a feast of Egyptian cuisine - The idea of a man living alone does not sit well with them. Last week Mahmoud left me meat, vegetables and sufficient rice to keep North Korea fed for a few weeks. Not to be outdone Ahmed got new Mrs Ahmed (name i now know, Noha) to get Mother in Law Ahmed to cook me a great potato and meat dish, some pasta and more rice, most of which is in the freezer. The potato and meat dish was delish and kept me going for a few days and goes well with the last remaining (soon to be topped up) Branston Pickle! And today with Mrs Ts arrival minus 3, Ahmed felt the need to get Mrs A cooking again and brought me a little something - this turned out to be 2 litres of soup, a stuffed chicken and a pastry thing with meat in (Ive had this at work). Again enough for 8 let alone 1. This arabic character of expressing their hospitality is very touching. Family back on Friday, I look like Im off to Damascus Saturday.......well at least we will remind each other what we look like for 24hrs!

No comments:

Post a Comment