Thursday, April 8, 2010

Home Alone 43- The Grown up!

My well reaching a critical stage and Easter Holidays colliding have resulting in the family flying back to the UK for a few days R & R whilst I have to stay here and work my holey cotton socks off all hours of the working week, on weekends and public holidays (queue violins). Not only this but I had to suffer both boys on Skype today around their grandparents (whilst Mrs T was getting an English haircut) both tucking into a bacon sandwich live over the net - too cruel, I could smell the crispy sweet smelling thinly sliced and lightly smoked pork slavered in tomato ketchup........

Anyway i have managed OK by myself, the family tortoise is still alive and seems to be eating well, as am I although its been a while since I cooked for myself and seem to over estimate portions so the freezer is filling up with cooked dinners for next week. I got home today and Mahmoud had left three saucepans full of Egyptian food he had cooked for me and Ahmed and I had a long conversation on the way home which I think meant that I would get the equivalent of an Egyptian meal from him and Mrs A this weekend also.

Well should be logging tonight so expecting a call at 3.15am probably.....it always happens like that. Still no one to disturb.

No comments:

Post a Comment