Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The old American colony.....

We visited the school a few days ago for teacher-parent evening and found some work that young J did displayed on the wall whilst waiting for our appointment with the teacher. Forget exactly what the question was, something about what ancient civilisaitons did/made and what we can see of that today. J right made the comparison with our old colony the US - they all think the way the English do, not the other way round!

Reminds me of when we lived in the states and the kids had made turkeys from hand prints for thanksgiving in PreK and the teachers had wirtten on what the kids had told them they were thankful for. The american kids all had "I am thankful for momma / my grandpaw / little brother / god / my family and friends / our troops protecting us" where as J was pretty honest writing "I am thankful for Chips and football".

1 comment: