Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Santas Winter Wonderland in the Middle East


I just managed to leave Cairo to go to Damascus as the Khamaseen wind was blowing up a storm and luckily I was one of the last flights out....A bad weather front from Europe has been sweeping across the Mid East and had certainly left an impression on Damascus when I arrived, over 5-10cm of snow in places. Of course the meeting I was over for did not take place, think the average Syrian looked out from underneath their duvets and said "I don't fancy work today". To be fair tits not a common occurrence. Heres some quick snaps, wish I took the good camera now.....


The mosque from the office window, during the snow..........then during the rapid melt


1 comment:

  1. Amazing, I would never had thought they would have snow in Damascus!
    Get used to it, it may be snowing over here when you arrive!!!

    ReplyDelete